- You sent me an email that new lessons were added, but I can't find them. What gives?
The most likely culprit is you are seeing a cached version of the page, and not the most recent version available. Clear your browser’s cache and you should be good to go!
- You've asked me to clear cache on a page or the browser. How do I do that?
To clear the cache in your browser hold down the shift button and reload the page. This method resets the information about the page that’s stored in your browser.
- Why is video playback so choppy?
If your video playback isn’t smooth as butter, here are some things you can try:
- Try letting the video buffer before you view it.
- Close other browser tabs and windows. This can make a huge difference!
- Make sure you have the latest version of Flash running on your computer.
- Switch to another browser to see if that helps.
- What is video buffering, and how do I do it?
Buffering is a way of preloading the videos you watch so that fluctuations in your Internet connection don’t cause choppy playback.
When you play a video, a light gray bar will advance in front of the playhead, showing you how much of your video has been buffered. Your playback should be smooth as long as you’re viewing your video within the light gray buffer region.
If you’re experiencing choppy playback, pause the video, allow the video to buffer for a few moments, then try playing your video again!
- Why do the videos look fuzzy?
All lessons were recorded in 1080p High Definition quality. So if you’re not seeing crystal clear video, try adjusting the player’s settings. In the lower right-hand corner of the player, click on HD and you’ll get the resolution selector pictured below.
- Do I need a fast Internet connection for the HD videos?
Most residential cable and DSL connections should be more than adequate. If HD feels slow to load, try turning off any background applications that could be using up bandwidth. Or push the play button in the player and then pause to let the video buffer before viewing. You may also click the HD button in the lower right corner to change the video quality. Lower resolutions should speed up playback.